How to Style your Coffee Table
Its quite simple to make a coffee table look great, you just need to start with the basics that you may have lying around the house.
BASICS FOR COFFEE TABLE STYLING
1. Start with a stack of books or magazines as its a great way to add height and colour to the table.
2. Add a tray next to the stack of books. This sections the area of the table and creates interest.
3. Add a natural element to carry through some texture. A nice bunch of flowers in a short vase, a crystal, coral or a timber branch. You can place this on the stack of books, or in the tray.
4. A scented candle always smell divine and add that special glow at night.
5. Lastly, add in some personal items whether it be trinkets from travelling, an old vintage time piece, or a patterned jar.
HOW TO CREATE BEAUTIFUL VIGNETTE
A vignette is a curated collection of homewares, trinkets and personal items that are grouped together. You can effortlessly style your home by following these simple steps to create a cohesive look:
Start with larger items such as a vase, table lamp or artwork.
Then continue adding to the cluster but remember to work in odd numbers- 3 or 5 work best.
Bring in pieces that have a personal meaning. You don't want your home to look like a display home- your home should be a reflection of you and your personality.
Play around with different heights and scale If you are styling with books, play around with some stacked and some standing up.
Adding greenery always bring the space to life Take a step back and see how it looks- it may need some tweaking and that ok. Remember not every surface needs to be covered and the eye needs to rest so having an empty space is a good thing!